Thursday, September 2, 2010

Orphan Works limitations - a one days perspective... with an indefinate effect

Late March I was encountered by the organisation ELSA from Greece if I could write an academic entry for their digital magazine De Jure. Of course I couldn't resist and re-wrote a part of my previous publication, which happen to be still available in hard-copy English version.

On the pages 84 to 96 you'll find my article about one of the proposed solutions for solving the Orphan Works situaton, which is advocated by the Britisch Screen Advisory Council (BSAC) and how it could be implemented considering the Three Step Test of the Berne Convention and TRIPs Agreement.

I just noticed that some hyperlinks (see table of contents) were not noticed by the editor. Also some Dutch phrases were kept in the footnotes... sorry for that!

Suggested citation: D.J.R. Sterenborg, 'Orphan Works limitations - a one days perspective... with an indefinate effect', De Jure 2010-3, p. 84-96.